Accounts Payable Specialist
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact by helping to conquer addiction one patient and family at a time?
Valley Hope home office in Norton Kansas is hiring a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team and our mission of changing lives.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Organization, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our patients, partners and/or employees.
1. Creates/enters, reviews, and corrects requests for purchases (RFPs) in software system/s for service providers, doctors, clinicians, and labs.
2. Assists Accounts Payable Specialists II with review and correction of vendor information and payment processing for VHA, VHF, and VHS companies and ensures data meets 1099 requirements.
3. Assist Accounts Payable Specialists II with processing of weekly check payments, or as needed.
4. Enters and updates fixed asset information including inputting costs and depreciation into asset management software.
5. Reconciles facility bank statements, credit card statements, and purchases as directed by the Accounts Payable Specialists II.
6. Completes all required Federal and State sales tax returns and payments for all VHA locations.
7. Assists Insurance/Medical Billing team in completing daily insurance deposits and posting to patients accounts as needed.
8. Provides support across Accounts Payable team as needed and completes work accurately and in accordance with defined timelines.
9. Assists Accounts Receivable team as needed including making phone calls, loans and collections as directed by the Accounts Receivable Manager.
10. Builds strong working relationships at all levels of the organization, fostering an environment of mutual, open and transparent communication under a mentality of “how can I serve you” attitude towards all personnel at corporate and the facilities.
11. Adheres to Valley Hope’s philosophies, policies, and procedures as well as any other regulating bodies.
12. Participates in all assigned staff meetings, staff development, and training as required.
13. Interacts and communicates with others (patients, co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associate’s degree with an emphasis in business, finance or accounting.
• One (1) year of work experience in an office or medical office setting.
• One (1) plus year of work experience in accounting.
SKILLS & ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Ability to understand and follow instructions; able to put tasks in order and complete in logical manner.
• Ability to prioritize competing demands and effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to ensure accuracy while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate issues.
• Ability to follow and adhere to standard policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact in a professional manner with both internal and external customers.
• Responsive and flexible; ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and modify approaches or methods to best fit the situation.
• Proficient with MS Office application including Outlook, Excel and Word.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give and overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
• Office setting with traditional hours; able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
• Able to push, pull, pull up, bend at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.